Feature film (over 30 minutes)
Film submission period
From April 20th to July 31st, 2020
Entrants are asked to carefully read and agree to the terms and conditions of the Submission Regulations for Animated Feature Film Competition before submitting works.
(1) Submissions must be animated films with a run time exceeding 30 minutes, including end credits (all animation techniques acceptable).
(2) Submissions must be works completed in or after 2018.
(3) The director or the producer of the film or the entrant must hold the right to screen the film submitted, and all rights to screen the work during the festival must have been secured.
(4) The entrant is strongly recommend to make the submission available for Internet streaming.
(5) Films that have previously been submitted to the past editions of the festival will not be accepted.
Multiple submissions from the same entrant are accepted as long as the above conditions are satisfied for each one.
The International Jury will decide the awards for the Feature Competition. (The jury may also present other awards including Jury Awards and Special Mentions.)
|Award||Competition||Prize money/extra prizes|
|Grand Prix||Feature Competition||300,000 JPY|
The festival office may establish other awards decided by different criteria.
The festival office will invite a filmmaker or a producer who satisfy certain conditions by covering related costs as described below. The detail is notified of the details by email after the selection.
Conditions for invitation
A director or producer whose work has been nominated for the Feature Competition and is able to attend the Award Ceremony to be held on November 23, 2020 (one person per film).
Please note that it is compulsory to attend a talk session on any program held during your visit (ex. "Meet the Filmmakers").
If the condition is fulfilled, the festival will cover
(1) Part of round-trip flight costs (as par the Festival Office regulations)
(2) Accommodation during the festival (applicable only to hotels arranged by the Festival Office and only for one person)
(3) Part of meals during the festival (by meal coupon, as par with Festival Office regulations)
Submission methodsDeadline for Animated Feature Film Competition Entry has passed. Thank you for your Submission! Notification of the selection results will be announced in the end of September 2020.
The email address shown below can be used to request further information or ask questions about submissions.