Bakuon Screening: My Conquest is the Sea of Stars
To celebrate the 35th anniversary of popular series Legend of the Galactic Heroes, the festival has the very first Bakuon screening of its first feature My Conquest is the Sea of Stars. “Bolero” in the legendary battle scene will shake the theater.
- A Screening with an Audio System used in Live Concerts
- Bakuon (explosive sound) Screening is an experimental way of screening films. It doesn’t use the speakers installed in a movie theater; instead, it uses an audio system usually found in live concerts, which is set up especially for the screening.
- Powerful and Delicate Sound
- With dynamics that cannot be achieved in normal audio settings, Bakuon Screening offers the audience a thrilling experience; after all, a change in sound can even change the way we watch films. During Bakuon Screening, one will be able to listen to the subtlest sounds that you would otherwise miss. It’s a perfect combination of powerfulness and delicateness.
- Bakuon Means the Best Sound
- Bakuon doesn’t mean just a loud sound. It is also a way to search for the best sound a film can have, as it attempts to find out where the core of the sound exists, so that the essence of the film can be revealed.
1988, 60min, Blu-ray, Japanese dialogue
© 田中芳樹・徳間書店・徳間ジャパンコミュニケーションズ・らいとすたっふ・サントリー © 加藤直之